L’Oslo and Akershus University College mette a disposizione di studenti norvegesi e stranieri una posizione retribuita per svolgere un Phd in Norvegia nel campo delle Scienze Sociali e della Letteratura. La conoscenza della Lingua Norvegese non è richiesta, basta avere una buona conoscenza dell’Inglese scritto e parlato.
Oslo and Akershus University College (HiOA) is Norway’s largest governmentally owned university college, with approximately 16000 students and 1600 employees. We have campuses located in the center of Oslo in Pilestredet, and on the east side of Oslo at Kjeller. We aim to be an attractive institution both to students and employees, as well as an active partner within our regional society, to the workforce and cultural environment.
Our goal is to become a leading university in northern Europe within the field of applied sciences. PhD position within Knowledge Organisation and Retrieval with emphasis on archives
PHD Position detais
The Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Archivistics, Library and Information Science has a vacant position as PhD Candidate within the Department’s recently established PhD Programme in Library and Information Science, with commencement 01.08.2013.
The PhD programme includes three subject areas: Knowledge Organisation andRetrieval, Libraries in Society and Sociology of Literature and Mediation of Literature and Culture. PhD Candidates are being employed for all subject areas.
Department of Archivistics, Library and Information Science has approximately 550 students and 40 staff members and is situated at Pilestredet Campus in Oslo. The Department offers a bachelor’s degree programme, master’s degree programmes and a PhD programme in Library and Information Science and a bachelor’s degree programme in Archival Studies and Records Management. Learning by doing and connection with the professional field is emphasised in all our study programmes.
The Department focuses on research and development activities, but also offers a variety of courses, conferences, commission and distance learning activities.
Area of research
The research project should preferably be directed towards problems related to archives with emphasis on knowledge organisation and retrieval. Theresearch should contribute to increasing the understanding of the organisation and structuring of archival materials.
The nominal duration of the position is three years.
- Education at second degree level/master’s degree level
- Ability to work independently and goal-oriented
- Fluency in written and spoken English
The PhD position presupposes admission to the PhD programme in Library and Information Science. The final plan for the PhD scholarship shall be approved and contractual no later than 3 months after the commencement.
The outline of the PhD project and the project’s relevance and current interest to the research area will be emphasised in the assessment of the applicants. The outline of the project may be written in a Scandinavian language or in English. The outline must show that the project will lead to a doctoral degree within the three-year period. The outline should consist ofmaximuim10 pages and include the following elements:
- Research questions, theory and method
- Reference to relevant knowledge of the research area
- Schedule for the PhD work
- An opportunity for academic development in a large and inspiring academic- and research environment
- An active research group with regular meetings and seminars
- Good loan and pension terms in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Benefits such as flexible hours and various welfare schemes
For more information on the position, please contact:
- Head of Department Liv Gjestrum, tel. ( 47) 22 45 26 71
- Professor Ragnar Nordlie, tel. ( 47) 22 45 26 88
Salary is set in accordance with the Norwegian State Salary Scale, job code 1017, wage scale 50-54 (NOK 416.600-445.100).
HiOA uses an electronic recruitment system. To apply for this position, please register your application and CV by clicking the link «Apply here». If you need any technical assistance, please contact Tore Vogt on e-mail: Tore.Vogt@hioa.no .
As an applicant you will be assessed by an expert committee. In addition to the online application, you must within the set date of application submit three copies in paper format of:
- Application, CV and copies of diplomas/certificates
- Project description/proposal (Max. 10 pages including list of references)
- Thesis at second degree level/Master’s thesis and other scientific work you want the expert committee to assess, in addition to an over